Ben Waisbren has served in numerous positions of responsibility and trust, including alternative asset class portfolio management, legal and financial advisory engagements by the United States Department of Justice, Chief Restructuring Officer and CEO of a Chapter 11 debtor, membership on a German-listed company’s board of directors, president of a branded direct subsidiary of Citigroup, and president and controlling shareholder of a major motion picture investment fund that invested over a billion dollars in partnership with a global private equity firm. He offers clients a combination of quantitative modeling analytics, and deal structuring and execution in both media finance matters and special situations.
Film Finance Experience
- Managed production financing and film related private equity investments totaling over $2 billion since 2005.
- Founder and President of LSC Film Corporation, Sony’s production finance partner on 30 major motion pictures, including two SPIDER-MAN films, HOTEL TRANSILVANIA 2, THE EQUALIZER and 22 JUMP STREET.
- President of subsidiary of Citigroup, Continental Entertainment Finance, that had operations in L.A., New York and Paris.
- Board member of Wild Bunch AG (pan-European film company).
- Co-Financed seven Pictures with Warner Bros. Pictures, including 300 and BLOOD DIAMOND.
- Over 40 Executive Producer credits.